Friday, November 14, 2008

Invisible Touch by Kelly Parra

The FABULOUS Kelly Parra stopped by to answer my questions about her newest book .




Tell us about your latest book.

Invisible Touch is about Kara Martinez. Kara was in a tragic accident at eleven and lost her father, yet also gained something else--visions. Or "signs" that she sees on individuals' torsos. She must piece these signs together like a puzzle and do her best to stop unfortunate fates. When she sees the sign of a gun on a fellow classmate, the latest mystery takes her into dangerous territory. The danger increases with a new relationship with a boy from the wrong side of town. Invisible Touch has mystery, romance, and family drama, and I'm hoping I give readers an entertaining read.


Tell us about your writing process. Do you outline or are you more organic?

I'm more organic. I usually start with a concept, then I have fun building the character in my mind. Then I usually find that scene that makes me want to write the book. I'm terrible at plotting ahead and enjoy having the story come together as I write. I'm all about layering and going back and adding in threads and subplots.


If you had to watch only five films for the rest of your life, what five films would you choose?

Five is really tough for me. I love movies and have been watching so many since I was little. But I'll give it a go: Goonies, E.T., Breakfast Club, Ghostbusters, and Pretty Woman.


For you, what is the most difficult part of being an author?

The most difficult part for me is the promotion. I think a new author can't be one without having some promo tied in, but you have to be really unique and savvy for it to have any grand scale effect.


What do you love about being an author?

I love the creativity and freedom of using my imagination. The two times I've actually held my own book in my hands always has me smiling. I mean, its a gift really. The story, the characters, and the setting all came from my imagination. The realization never fails to make me happy.


What's next for you?

I'm working on a sci-fi young adult novel. Its really challenging with the world-building so its good for me. I don't think I'd ever want a book to be too easy to write.


Kelly thank you for stopping by. Congratulations on the new book!!!

1 Comments:

Blogger Kelly (Lynn) Parra said...

Hi Maggie!! Thanks so much for having me on your blog!

November 14, 2008 at 12:21 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home