Sunday, February 19, 2012

Jane Porter--My Author Crush

I know I am not alone as an author when I admit that I get author crushes. I worked at an agency--I was an agent--I sat in rooms with A-listers and while I respect their talent and their star power and I truly enjoyed discussing story with them I was able to keep my wits about me.

But put me in front of an author I adore--well I get a little woozy and I stutter and sputter. Jane Porter happens to be one of my author crushes. For oh-so-many-reasons. Jane writes--she is prolific--just take a look at all the books she's written. Plus she writes well. Her books--wow her books make me swoon both the classic romance and the women's fiction titles. Jane can cross genres -- something incredibly difficult for most writers and she makes all of it look so easy. She's gorgeous in this amazingly effortless way. Plus she is truly a lovely person. I mean really--warm, genuine, and kind.

Yeah, Jane is one of my author crushes. So if I was a babbling befuddled fool before whenever I saw her live and in person, imagine what I'll be the next time?

Why?

Because Jane was generous enough to read my latest book, my first contemporary romance, and give me a blurb. A wonderful blurb that I will always cherish.

Sharp, sexy prose and a fast-paced plot make Maggie Marr's Can't Buy Me Love a very entertaining and steamy read! Romance readers will love this book!"
--Jane Porter


Thank you, Jane. You made this first-time-contemporary-romance writer so very happy!

xoMaggie

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home