Tuesday, January 1, 2008

1,000 Days of Exercise

Happy New Year! I wish everyone great happiness and success in 2008! So, I will be avoiding the yearly tradition of making and then breaking resolutions. However I am making a commitment. A commitment to myself, my health, and my family. I (sedentary writer that I am) am committing to 1,000 days of exercise. Yes, that's right one THOUSAND as in 2.73 years of daily exercise. Of course, as with any endeavor, there are parameters and here are mine.

1. Exercise every day for a minimum of 30 minutes.

Now this exercise can be greater than thirty minutes but never less and it must be thirty consecutive minutes.

The type of exercise? Well it may be any exercise of my choice as long as it gets the blood pumping and the heart rate up. Walking, running, weight lifting, yoga (not relaxing yoga but heart pumping sweating my tushy off yoga), swimming, biking, hiking...you get the picture.

Now the thousand days are to be consecutive...never to be missed...unless (here is the exception)
1. Illness: fever, vomiting, or congestion ( you know the kind where you really can't breathe).

And that's it. Of course I will be keeping a journal of my progress. Because, this truly is a great adventure for me. I have dabbled in and flirted with exercise throughout my life, but never have I fully committed. So here it is, my commitment; 1,000 days thirty minutes daily me and my muscles.

xoMM

1 Comments:

Blogger Melissa Walker said...

This is a huge commitment... good luck! Thanks for keeping us posted!

January 11, 2008 at 10:47 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home