Monday, May 19, 2008

This Writer's Life: Loneliness



Okay...so I know that I am living my dream...to write full time. To spend my days in front of my computer tapping away, telling the stories that interest me and that readers love. But there is this tiny little thing that sometimes happens to full time writers...a dirty little secret to the life...we get lonely. Now I'd argue that most writers are introverts. That the very nature of what we do demands that we enjoy spending time alone...or with our imaginary friends. And I was, in all my other jobs (attorney and agent) an introvert pretending to be an extrovert. I mean, I can fake it...the outgoing social thing. But truly, I am my most comfortable when I'm alone, with my computer, and again my imaginary friends (who aren't so imaginary to me.) But like any human I need contact. And not just contact with people under the age of five...So when I got the email that I'd been selected to be a new member of the GCC I was thrilled.

What is the GCC you ask? Is this some sort of secret covert writing group...(wow I've really blown it if it is). The GCC is the Girlfriend's Cyber Circuit a group of women authors who support each other?! How COOL is that. As you know from reading my books, I am ALL ABOUT girlfriends supporting each other! So this week, I am touring on the GCC. Today I have the honor of being on Karin Gillespie's blog and Wendy Nelson Tokunga's blog. I feel so blessed and lucky to have these women telling the world about my books. And a whole lot less lonely.
xo
Maggie

PS Hi BOB!!

1 Comments:

Blogger LawguyJP said...

An introvert pretending to be an extrovert? Do you mean when you were in court, in front of everyone, prosecuting people for failing to properly signal before changing lanes, you weren't at home? :) I would very much like to hear your thoughts on the continuing battle between Hilary and Barack and whether this is ultimately hurting the Democrats chances in November...and whether if Al Gore was running, he would have put this to rest long ago by sending the spotted owls to attack both.

May 21, 2008 at 9:51 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home