Wednesday, March 7, 2012

Spring Into Romance with Jennifer Haymore

Why romance? Well, there’s nothing more compelling to human beings than falling in love. I really believe that. Nothing can affect a human soul like falling in love can--and the potential to lose that love can wrench a soul like nothing else. That’s why I write romance. Because if I do my job right, then the stories I write affect readers who will put themselves in the place of my characters and essentially feel what they feel: That first blush of falling in love. That fear and pain when they lose that love. That feeling of wholeness and completion when that love is sealed in a happily ever after.

I didn’t start off writing romance. I started writing historical fiction and fantasy. But I noticed as I was writing those books that the parts I found most compelling, and that my readers found most compelling, had to do with the human relationships in those stories. “Hm…” I thought. “There might be something to this.” I began to read romance, then I began to write it. And there must have been something to it, because I’m still writing it, many books later.

My current release, SECRETS OF AN ACCIDENTAL DUCHESS, is about a woman, Olivia Donovan, who was raised to believe that she would never find love. She’s found happiness and fulfillment in other things--mainly in her family. But then when love does find her, it really knocks her for a loop. And when her hero, Max, falls for her, he does it hard and fast…. I had such fun writing the story of two people absolutely blindsided by love.

Here’s a little more about SECRETS OF AN ACCIDENTAL DUCHESS



With her pale hair and slim figure, Olivia Donovan looks as fragile as fine china, and has been treated as such by her sisters ever since a childhood bout with malaria. But beneath her delicate facade, Olivia guards a bold, independent spirit and the kind of passionate desires proper young ladies must never confess... 

It was a reckless wager, and one Max couldn't resist: seduce the alluring Olivia or forfeit part of his fortune. Yet the wild, soon-to-be Duke never imagined he'd fall in love with this innocent beauty. Nor could he have guessed that a dangerously unpredictable rival would set out to destroy them both. Now, Max must beat a Madman at his own twisted game-or forever lose the only woman to have ever won his heart.

Thanks for having me here, Maggie. And happy spring and much love to everyone!

2 Comments:

Anonymous Christine Ashworth said...

How did I miss this post? Jennifer, your newest book sound wonderful...and I love how you backed into romance, so to speak! Hugs hon!

March 9, 2012 at 7:17 AM  
Blogger Maria Powers said...

Oh my! I cannot wait for this book Jennifer and I am with Christine, "How did I miss this post?" Fabulous.

March 9, 2012 at 11:25 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home