Friday, January 29, 2010

The Next Three Chapters of Billionaire

And with one big 'woosh' from my Mac Mail the first three chapters of The Billionaire's Proud Mistress are gone. Off to London. To the wonderful editor that chose me as runner up for the Harlequin Presents Writing Contest.

And now the nail biting begins. As I prepared to press the send button my heart palpitated, my stomach lurched and my palms...well they got a teensy-weensy sweaty. Why? Because this is Harlequin. The big boy (or big girl) in romance and Harlequin Presents is the creme de la creme of category/classic romance.

Why romance? Because I love, love. In film I write romantic comedies, in television I write about women and their relationships and even my first two books had large romance elements to them. Plus I am so fond of the HEA - Happily Ever After. Life is so very tragic on it own. And please don't get me wrong, I love a good tear jerker, or literary novel or women's fiction, but I also love the stability and security that a really well written romance provides me, as a reader.

So now I wait. And cross my fingers. And continue working on the rest of the book. And the next script. And the notes from the director.

xoMaggie

1 Comments:

Anonymous Michelle Diener said...

Good luck, Maggie! Hope they love it! :)

January 29, 2010 at 9:57 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home